SunTaxMan

Default Display current date as month xx, yyyy automatically in new docu

I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy in a form
letter I use - when I open the file.
Greg Maxey

Use a date field

{ DATE \@ "MMMM dd, yyyy" }

See: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Word_Fields.htm

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
See:

SunTaxMan wrote:
I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy in
a form letter I use - when I open the file.

SunTaxMan

I have tried this, per the Word Help source and your note. I have tried with
and without spaces, with and without the brackets. I don't understand why it
doesn't work. I am using MS Office 2003.

SunTaxMan wrote:
I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy in
a form letter I use - when I open the file.

Greg Maxey

SunTaxMan

Not to insult, but are you sure that you are entering your field code braces
{ } with CTRL+F9 and not typing them as literal text using the { and }
keys?

--

SunTaxMan wrote:
I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy
in
a form letter I use - when I open the file.

SunTaxMan

Well, I guess I am not sure what you mean by "entering the code braces { }
""With CTRL+F9"" "

How would I type them is such a way as to NOT be "typing them as literal
text?"

I have typed { space DATE space \@ space "MMMM space dd, space yyyy" space }

What am I doing wrong?

SunTaxMan wrote:
I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy
in
a form letter I use - when I open the file.

SunTaxMan

Well.....

I discovered what you mean by just CTRL+F9. Some things are harder to see -
even if they are rather "obvious."

Thanks for your patience. I got it to work.

SunTaxMan wrote:
I want to automatically display the current date as MMMMM dd, yyyy
in
a form letter I use - when I open the file.

Greg Maxey

Sun,

You are suffering from puppy symdrum ;-). Did you look at my tips page I
provided?

Type: DATE \@ "MMMM dd, yyyy"

Select the whole mess

Press CTRL+F9

Right click the whole mess and select "update field"

Rigth click the whole mess and select "toggle field code"

Bob's your uncle