Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Only Ork Only Ork is offline

Default Pop-up text bubble not appearing when cursor is hovered over footn

Lately there is no pop-up text bubble appearing when I hover my mouse cursor
over a footnote. I've changed nothing at all (e.g. end notes are my usual
preference over foot notes still), and sometimes it'll work as before if I
really persist; but I'm having to double click myself to the footnote zone
itself in order to see the note contents. Why don't the text bubbles pop up
any more? Got a remedy?

--
a York in So''Cal
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Pat Garard Pat Garard is offline

G'Day Ork,

ToolsOptions
View (tab)
Show (top section)
"Screen Tips" CHECK the box
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Only Ork" wrote in message
Lately there is no pop-up text bubble appearing when I hover my mouse cursor
over a footnote. I've changed nothing at all (e.g. end notes are my usual
preference over foot notes still), and sometimes it'll work as before if I
really persist; but I'm having to double click myself to the footnote zone
itself in order to see the note contents. Why don't the text bubbles pop up
any more? Got a remedy?

--
a York in So''Cal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Also, if this option is already enabled, see "WD2002: ScreenTip for Footnote
or Endnote Reference Mark Flickers and Contains No Text When You Rest the
Pointer Over the Mark" at http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=324289

"Pat Garard" apgarard-bigpond:net:au wrote in message
G'Day Ork,

ToolsOptions
View (tab)
Show (top section)
"Screen Tips" CHECK the box
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Only Ork" wrote in message
Lately there is no pop-up text bubble appearing when I hover my mouse

cursor
over a footnote. I've changed nothing at all (e.g. end notes are my

usual
preference over foot notes still), and sometimes it'll work as before if

really persist; but I'm having to double click myself to the footnote

zone
itself in order to see the note contents. Why don't the text bubbles

pop up
any more? Got a remedy?

--
a York in So''Cal

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

"Only Ork" wrote in message
Lately there is no pop-up text bubble appearing when I hover my mouse

cursor
over a footnote. I've changed nothing at all (e.g. end notes are my

usual
preference over foot notes still), and sometimes it'll work as before if

really persist; but I'm having to double click myself to the footnote

zone
itself in order to see the note contents. Why don't the text bubbles

pop up
any more? Got a remedy?

--
a York in So''Cal

Enabling that option was not the answer; the box was already checked. The
Knowledge Base article had the solution that worked. Good for me to know the
remedy, since the article says it's a recurrent flaw in my version of Word.
Thanks to both who responded!