Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Rodger[_3_] Rodger[_3_] is offline

Default How to open a document if you can't remember a password to open ?

No matter what I try, I can't find the right password to open a Word document.
How can I find the right password or open it ? P.S.: The Word Document is
not read-only.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry, Roger, but passwords aren't something you can just "find" - that's
what they're all about:-) If you can't remember it you're pretty much out of
luck. There are places which will crack the pw for a fee, but you have to
shop very wisely... Surrendering both your file *and* your credit card info
to someone who makes their living as a hacker can be a bit risky.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 6/29/08 5:07 PM, in article
, "Rodger"
wrote:

No matter what I try, I can't find the right password to open a Word document.
How can I find the right password or open it ? P.S.: The Word Document is
not read-only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

If you have password protected the document against opening and you can't
remember the password, you will not open the document without it. There is
no simple back door to decryption. If there was there would be no point in
having the password function. However if you have the time, the computer
power and the software to do so all passwords are crackable .... eventually.

There are third party tools that aid password cracking which you can try, if
you fancy giving your credit card details to someone who cracks passwords,
but they can take weeks of continuous processing to determine a strong
password. The more characters you may have used and the more varied their
use, the longer it will take.

Hypnosis might be quicker!

Rodger wrote:
No matter what I try, I can't find the right password to open a Word
document. How can I find the right password or open it ? P.S.: The
Word Document is not read-only.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Prayer and fasting have helped me in the past.