Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Geffrye21 Geffrye21 is offline

Default why asterik (*doc or *docx) in save types

My save types roots did not use to have asterik before .doc (*.doc), only
..doc. But few months ago I noticed that all the saving options have got (*)
asterik before .doc, and this only appears on my deskstop word documents NOT
on my laptop word documents.

Is there any reason for this? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

In fact, they should display *.doc or *.docx, etc. They have been displayed
like that as long as I can remember (which probably isn't that long these
days)!

--
Terry Farrell - MSWord MVP

"Geffrye21" wrote in message
My save types roots did not use to have asterik before .doc (*.doc), only
.doc. But few months ago I noticed that all the saving options have got
(*)
asterik before .doc, and this only appears on my deskstop word documents
NOT
on my laptop word documents.

Is there any reason for this? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

You mean "longer than you can remember"

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Geffrye21" wrote in message
My save types roots did not use to have asterik before .doc (*.doc),
only
.doc. But few months ago I noticed that all the saving options have got
(*)
asterik before .doc, and this only appears on my deskstop word documents
NOT
on my laptop word documents.

Is there any reason for this? Please help

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Terry