Posted to microsoft.public.office.misc,microsoft.public.word.newusers,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support
Pablo Suarez Pablo Suarez is offline

Default How to find out the toolbar name?

When I look into the toolbar of Word 2003 I found lots of icons and toolbars.
Is there a way to find out the name of a certain toolbar WITHOUT using the trial and error
way by toggeling on and off all the toolbar sub menues of menu view-toolbars?

Pablo

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Andrey Tarasevich Andrey Tarasevich is offline

Pablo Suarez wrote:
When I look into the toolbar of Word 2003 I found lots of icons and toolbars.
Is there a way to find out the name of a certain toolbar WITHOUT using the trial and error
way by toggeling on and off all the toolbar sub menues of menu view-toolbars?

Undock it. Grab it with the mouse by that dotted area on the left end of
the tooolbar, drag it to the middle of the screen and release. It should
become undocked. Undocked toolbar has a caption area that contains its
name. Then you can dock it back to its original place.

--
Best regards,
Andrey Tarasevich
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Use the handle at the left end of the toolbar to drag it into free-floating
position. It will suddenly grow a title bar that contains the name of the
toolbar. Double-click the title bar to put the toolbar back where it was.

Another method... click the dropdown arrow at the right end of the toolbar.
Hover over the Add or Remove Buttons item. It will expand, and the top
"command" listed is the name of the toolbar... Formatting, Standard, etc.
The bottom "command" will be Customize...

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
Author of the Word 2007 Bible