Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Bruce Bruce is offline

Default Insert page numbers as 1,1,2,2,3,3?

Hi, I'm using Word to create note cards and I want them to be printed front
and back. Therefore I want to number each card instead of each page. So
therefore the first two pages of my document would be card 1, next two.. card
2 and so on.

Is there anyway to do this? Right now when I insert page number it just
gives me the standard 1,2,3,4,etc.

Thanks in advance.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

You need a "nested" field (a field inside a field) in a formula that
calculates the proper number for each page.

Start by typing the word PAGE, selecting it, and pressing Ctrl+F9 to make it
a field.

To the left of the PAGE field, type the characters

= INT((

To the right of the PAGE field, type the characters

+ 1) / 2)

Now the whole thing should look like

= INT(({ PAGE } + 1) / 2)

Select everything from the = sign to the ending parenthesis. Press Ctrl+F9
again to make it a field. Press F9 to update the field.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman