Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Congenital Kano Congenital Kano is offline

Default Form fields - adding and using entered data later in template

Did a quick search and could not find answers, so my apologies if redundant n00b questions.

Trying to create a form letter for my wife to use. Inserting a drop-down box field (populated with salutations - Mr., Mrs., Ms.) I see the properties but the field appears as a grey box on the page with no drop-down arrow or slider. If I start a new doc using this template the drop-down also does not appear, just a box populated with first item on list. Tried variations of shift, alt and ctrl clicking to get dialog to appear - no luck.

What am I missing here?

Related, I want to take a value entered into another text field (i.e., lastname or an amount) and use it later in a place in the letter. How do I reference the contents of a field typed in previously during the session in an earlier field?

TIA.