Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pastor Dave Pastor Dave is offline

Default add page numbers to Normal Style in Word 2007

I am a new user of Office 2007.
In Word 2007, is it possible to edit the Normal Style in Quick Styles to
always insert page numbers, on every document based on the Normal Style?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Tony Jollans Tony Jollans is offline

You can put Page Numbers in the Normal *template* in Word 2007 just as you
could in all previous versions. You can't now, nor ever could you, add page
numbers to a *style*.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

"Pastor Dave" Pastor schreef in bericht
I am a new user of Office 2007.
In Word 2007, is it possible to edit the Normal Style in Quick Styles to
always insert page numbers, on every document based on the Normal Style?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Pastor Dave[_2_] Pastor Dave[_2_] is offline

"Tony Jollans" wrote:

You can put Page Numbers in the Normal *template* in Word 2007 just as you
could in all previous versions. You can't now, nor ever could you, add page
numbers to a *style*.

--
Enjoy,
Tony

Thanks Tony.
I didn't realise that there there are both Normal style and Normal
templates! See, I said I am a beginner.
It appears that what I needed to alter is the Normal Template so that the
blank doc that appears when I open Word will have the page numbers in the
footer. I have found the template and I have successfully put in the page
numbers I want.
The reason I want it there is that I think Word 2007 is great but it has
made some things too complicated. Page numbering was much easier in previous
versions of Word.

Thanks again - you were very helpful,

Pastor Dave