Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default Is it possible to make a variable-length, dynamic table that sums?

I am working on an end-user form. I am wondering if it is possible in Word
2007 to make a variable length table that accomlishes the following:

* the header row is fixed
* end-users can easily add as many rows as needed
* the bottom row sums the columns that are added by the end-user
* is a stand-alone form that end-user can download and edit and then print
out several copies.
* is fairly idiot proof; the end user should require only a minimal
understanding of Word to use it.

Thanks,
Ned.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Angela in Virginia Angela in Virginia is offline

I am thinking that InfoPath would solve your issues better than Word.
Besides creating a form, in which case you would need VB to set the macro to
add another row, and locking the entire thing. Hopefully someone else has a
better idea.
Sorry, this is my only suggestion.

"Ned23" wrote:

I am working on an end-user form. I am wondering if it is possible in Word
2007 to make a variable length table that accomlishes the following:

* the header row is fixed
* end-users can easily add as many rows as needed
* the bottom row sums the columns that are added by the end-user
* is a stand-alone form that end-user can download and edit and then print
out several copies.
* is fairly idiot proof; the end user should require only a minimal
understanding of Word to use it.

Thanks,
Ned.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Ned23 Ned23 is offline

Default Is it possible to make a variable-length, dynamic table that s

Ah, that may be where the confusion is. Thanks.

Now, I was under the impression that InfoPath was sort of a front-end for a
database for real-time data entry. Do you think it's useful for a static
form that people will download, fill out on their own PC and then send back?

"Ned23" wrote:

I am working on an end-user form. I am wondering if it is possible in Word
2007 to make a variable length table that accomlishes the following:

* the header row is fixed
* end-users can easily add as many rows as needed
* the bottom row sums the columns that are added by the end-user
* is a stand-alone form that end-user can download and edit and then print
out several copies.
* is fairly idiot proof; the end user should require only a minimal
understanding of Word to use it.

Thanks,
Ned.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Angela in Virginia Angela in Virginia is offline

Well, the frontend for a database is just one option. There are other uses
for the Info Path forms. A "submit" button can be added, and programmed to
send the form to a specific email account for collection. The one big
advantage is that you can create repeating tables. The tables can be
programmed to show based on a previous answer. Also, you can "lock" the
forms by just publishing it. This makes it a little more versitile. There
are other options too, like validation rules and option fields, and
information based on the user.