Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Earl Partridge Earl Partridge is offline

Default Formula In Table

Word 97, Windows XP
Created a table with numbers in columns. On the bottom row of each column, set the
formula to be =sum(c2:c25)
This worked fine.
I changed the formula to be: =sum(above)
This formula works in other tables where that was the original formula.
I do have some blank cells.
Example, rows 2 - 15 had numbers, rows 16 - 20 were blank, row 21 had a number.

Using =sum(above) in the bottom row returned only the value of the number in row 21.
For now, I have changed back to specifying the exact row number vs "above"

Earl

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables

As you have discovered, =Sum(Above) cannot handle blank rows.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Earl Partridge" wrote in message ...
Word 97, Windows XP
Created a table with numbers in columns. On the bottom row of each column, set the
formula to be =sum(c2:c25)
This worked fine.
I changed the formula to be: =sum(above)
This formula works in other tables where that was the original formula.
I do have some blank cells.
Example, rows 2 - 15 had numbers, rows 16 - 20 were blank, row 21 had a number.

Using =sum(above) in the bottom row returned only the value of the number in row 21.
For now, I have changed back to specifying the exact row number vs "above"

Earl

Help me with a formula in Table BigOz Tables 3 December 6th 08 03:00 AM
Table formula? Miss Jenny Microsoft Word Help 3 June 7th 08 04:07 AM
Table Formula Frank Tables 3 February 22nd 08 10:14 PM
Table Formula Help Stefani Tables 2 April 12th 05 04:23 PM
formula in a table JustMe Microsoft Word Help 2 February 8th 05 05:19 AM