Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Vaughan Vaughan is offline

Default Error! Not a valid result for table.

I have created a database field that picks up the current accounting period
date from an Access database and displays it in my document. It works fine in
body text, but when I cut and pasted it into a table I got this error
message. What does it mean, and can I get over the problem?

Thanks in advance

Vaughan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?VmF1Z2hhbg==?=,

I have created a database field that picks up the current accounting period
date from an Access database and displays it in my document. It works fine in
body text, but when I cut and pasted it into a table I got this error
message. What does it mean, and can I get over the problem?

Which version of Word are we discussing, here?

The result of a database field is a table. Earlier versions of Word (prior to
2002, if memory serves) didn't support NESTED tables (tables within tables) and
would show this error message if you tried inserting this field into a table
cell.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org