Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
ValStGregory ValStGregory is offline

Default How do I print smaller sized layout centered on letter size paper?

I reformatted my document to size it like a paperback book. When I print it
on letter size paper, it prints out at the top of the page with a lot of
space below. Interestingly, it prints centered horizontally on the letter
size paper, probably because it thinks I'm feeding smaller-narrower custom
size paper into the printer, drawn centered from the paper tray.

I want this paperback book sized document to print centered on letter size
paper, both vertically and horizontally, without first reformatting it to
letter size with larger margins.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
courtney jennings courtney jennings is offline

Default small centered page

You can also choose to center your page vertically on the page. That option is on the third tab in the page set-up window...in 2007

ValStGregory wrote:

How do I print smaller sized layout centered on letter size paper?
19-Feb-10

I reformatted my document to size it like a paperback book. When I print it
on letter size paper, it prints out at the top of the page with a lot of
space below. Interestingly, it prints centered horizontally on the letter
size paper, probably because it thinks I am feeding smaller-narrower custom
size paper into the printer, drawn centered from the paper tray.

I want this paperback book sized document to print centered on letter size
paper, both vertically and horizontally, without first reformatting it to
letter size with larger margins.

Is this possible?

Thanks.

Creating a WPF Custom Control
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ustom-con.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
courtney jennings courtney jennings is offline

I'm sorry I wasn't done. To center horizontally other than using the margins (which is another good option) put the whole page in a text box without a border and center the text box while leaving the text within left justified.

courtney jennings wrote:

small centered page
22-Feb-10

You can also choose to center your page vertically on the page. That option is on the third tab in the page set-up window...in 2007

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
courtney jennings courtney jennings is offline

I'm sorry I wasn't done. To center horizontally other than using the margins (which is another good option) put the whole page in a text box without a border and center the text box while leaving the text within left justified.

courtney jennings wrote:

small centered page
22-Feb-10

You can also choose to center your page vertically on the page. That option is on the third tab in the page set-up window...in 2007

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word supports only 32 linked text boxes, so text boxes are not feasible for
a book.

http://word.mvps.org

courtney jennings wrote in message
I'm sorry I wasn't done. To center horizontally other than using the
margins (which is another good option) put the whole page in a text box
without a border and center the text box while leaving the text within
left justified.

courtney jennings wrote:

small centered page
22-Feb-10

You can also choose to center your page vertically on the page. That
option is on the third tab in the page set-up window...in 2007

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Word supports only 32 linked text boxes, so text boxes are not feasible for
a book.

http://word.mvps.org

courtney jennings wrote in message
I'm sorry I wasn't done. To center horizontally other than using the
margins (which is another good option) put the whole page in a text box
without a border and center the text box while leaving the text within
left justified.

courtney jennings wrote:

small centered page
22-Feb-10

You can also choose to center your page vertically on the page. That
option is on the third tab in the page set-up window...in 2007

WPF Custom Validation Using the Enterprise Library
http://www.eggheadcafe.com/tutorials...ation-usi.aspx

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Jan Bos Jan Bos is offline

Hi there,

For use with MS Word the simplest way is this;
1. Figure the hight of your book page (Example 7")
2. Subtract that from 11" (Papersize 11' leves you with 4")
3. Devide that in half (Example 2")
4. That must be your top and bottom margin.

A better waya is to use MS Publisher and set up a template (With hHaders and
Footers). This will also format the page sequence when you print your pages.

Good luck.