saland1

Default add a sentence or sentences to a particular part

Hello
I want to be able to add a sentence or sentences to a particular part of a
word document, either by some kind of list or by importing. I have a
€ścomment:€ť section on my form. In the comment section I have about 20
different sentences that I use, on one report I might use 5 sentences and on
another just two. I also want to keep the report protected. Is this possible?
Thanks, saland1

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?c2FsYW5kMQ==?=,

I want to be able to add a sentence or sentences to a particular part of a
word document, either by some kind of list or by importing. I have a
€ścomment:€ť section on my form. In the comment section I have about 20
different sentences that I use, on one report I might use 5 sentences and on
another just two. I also want to keep the report protected. Is this possible?

It always helps to mention the version of Word involved in a question.

Doing this in a protected document could be a bit tricky. If you want to avoid
using macros, what I might try would be a series of nested If, DocProperty and
IncludeText fields.

Set up one document with all these sentences. Select each sentence and assign a
bookmark to it. This will let you pick up individual sentences using the
IncludeText field (look that up in Word's Help files).

In the form document, set up a docProperty for each sentence
(File/Properties/Custom). When creating a report, you'll set the value of each
DocProperty to include or exclude the sentence. You can choose what values you
want to use for this.

In the form, where you'd like to use a sentence, set up an IF field to test the
value of the DocProperty and bring in the sentence, as appropriate. Example:
{ IF "{ DocProperty S1 }" = "Yes" "{ IncludeText
"C:\\FilePath\\Sentence.doc" S1 }" "" }

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org