Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
LC_Index

Default How do I create one index for separate documents?

I am creating a very large report, therefore I need to split the report into
smaller, separate files. I would like to create an index for the report, but
I am not sure how to create one index for all of the separate files. I think
this may be difficult because of pagination. Is it best to create an index as
you write a report or is it best to wait until the report is finished? Would
it be best to have a separate file that contains only the index? Any
information on creating indexes would be very helpful. Thank you.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
garfield-n-odie

Do you mean Index, or do you mean Table of Contents? Either way,
the principle is the same. See the section entitled "How to
create a table of contents for several documents" at
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html .