Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melinda

Default Random Bolding in Form Field

Hello,
I have a form field located at the bottom of a Transmittal Letter to accept
notes regarding the transmittal. Sometimes people like to put in a paragraph
return. This works great except for one thing. The line immediately after
the first paragraph return comes out bold . Subsequent returns result in
normal text on the following lines. I've checked the form field and the
paragraph return mark after it. Both are set to my normal text. Any ideas
on what could be causing this bolding?
Thanks!
Melinda
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon

With the form unprotected, select your entire paragraph that includes the
field (and its paragraph mark at the end). Press Ctrl-Spacebar to clear
direct (and character style) formatting and Ctrl-Q to restore the style
formatting to the paragraph. Then what happens?
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Melinda" wrote in message
Hello,
I have a form field located at the bottom of a Transmittal Letter to
accept
notes regarding the transmittal. Sometimes people like to put in a
paragraph
return. This works great except for one thing. The line immediately
after
the first paragraph return comes out bold . Subsequent returns result in
normal text on the following lines. I've checked the form field and the
paragraph return mark after it. Both are set to my normal text. Any
ideas
on what could be causing this bolding?
Thanks!
Melinda

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Melinda

Ctrl-Spacebar cleared all formatting and Ctrl-Q didn't do anything. After my
formatting was reset to the default, I tried to change the font to Arial, but
it would not change the font of my form field. I deleted it and put in a new
one and it works like a champ. Guess I just had to clear out the formatting.
Melinda