Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Harvey Harvey is offline

Default what happened to file search in word?

In word 2003 I could search for a file by typing a word or phrase and it
would give me the file that the word was located in. This seems to be lacking
in the new Word.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Harvey,

For Office 2007 the search functions have been returned to the Windows and Desktop Search teams.

=============
--
I hope this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office system products MVP

*Courtesy is not expensive and can pay big dividends

LINKS to the 2007 Office System

1. Free MS Office 2007 book from MS Press, 213 pages:
http://microsoft.com/learning/office...oksfrommspress

2.. Office 2007 Beta 2 Online Test Drive, Downloadable beta,
e-learning courses, doucmentation and movies:
http://microsoft.com/office/preview

3. Send 2007 Office System Beta 2 feedback directly to the MS Office 2007 product team with this feedback tool:
http://sas.office.microsoft.com/

4. Try the 2007 OfficeOnline preview website , without Office2007

a. Install the ActiveX access control
http://office.microsoft.com/search/r...XT101650581033

b. then visit
http://officebeta.iponet.net

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Beth Melton Beth Melton is offline

As Bob noted, the search function now belongs to Windows. Note that if
using Office 2007 on Vista you'll have an instant search capability in
the common dialog boxes.

For Windows XP, if you haven't installed the Windows Desktop Search
yet you should. It will perform an instant search that is SO much
faster than the old Windows Search and you can preview each file in
the search results.

Beth Melton
Microsoft Office MVP

Office 2007 Preview Site:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/preview/default.mspx
Office 2007 Community Articles/Tutorials:
http://www.microsoft.com/office/prev...e_archive.mspx

MVP FAQ site: http://mvps.org/