Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Jo Davis Jo Davis is offline

Default Mailmerge records

I have a mail merge set up which links to a spreadsheet. The data from the
spreadsheet is from our HR database and lists all the qualifications that
employees have. However, in excel it will list the same person several times
and treat it as a new record. therefore each employee gets as many letters as
qualification. Is there anyway i can get the mail merge to recognise a unique
reference and group them together.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

See How to use mail merge to create a list sorted by category in Word 2002 -
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=294686