Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
anne anne is offline

Default how to edit scanned documents

i scanned a word document containing texts only, when i scanned using HP 6213
officejet to microsoft i was not able to edit the documents, is it
possible?what will I do?thanks and reagrds to all
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Jezebel Jezebel is offline

A scan is a graphic. You need to use OCR software to convert it to text.
Microsoft Imaging (comes with Windows) does a reasonable job. And I've never
seen a scanner that didn't come with an OCR product -- check the HP CD.

"anne" wrote in message
i scanned a word document containing texts only, when i scanned using HP
6213
officejet to microsoft i was not able to edit the documents, is it
possible?what will I do?thanks and reagrds to all

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
rmathur rmathur is offline

Jezebel wrote on 09/13/2006 01:42 ET :
A scan is a graphic. You need to use OCR software to convert it to text.
Microsoft Imaging (comes with Windows) does a reasonable job. And I've never
seen a scanner that didn't come with an OCR product -- check the HP CD.

"anne" wrote in message
i scanned a word document containing texts only, when i scanned using HP
6213
officejet to microsoft i was not able to edit the documents, is it
possible?what will I do?thanks and reagrds to all

you can do it online easily without using any software. check out the
articles:

Scanned For Free Or Paid - The Exciting New Way to Convert Documents Online

http://ezinearticles.com/?Scanned-Fo...amp;id=4736012

Edit Forms and Image Documents - How to Edit Your Forms and Image Documents
Online the Easy Way

http://ezinearticles.com/?Edit-Forms...nts-Online-the

Convert & Edit - Edit PDF Documents Without Using Any Software on Your PC

http://ezinearticles.com/?Convert-an...amp;id=4624535
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Mi Tasol Mi Tasol is offline

On Aug 12, 8:09*pm, rmathur wrote:
*Jezebel wrote on 09/13/2006 01:42 ET :

A scan is a graphic. You need to use OCR software to convert it to text..
Microsoft Imaging (comes with Windows) does a reasonable job. And I've never
seen a scanner that didn't come with an OCR product -- check the HP CD.

http://ezinearticles.com/?Scanned-Fo...e-Exciting-New...

*Edit Forms and Image Documents - How to Edit Your Forms and Image Documents
*Online the Easy Way

http://ezinearticles.com/?Edit-Forms...s---How-to-Edi...

*Convert & Edit - Edit PDF Documents Without Using Any Software on Your PC

http://ezinearticles.com/?Convert-an...ocuments-Witho...

Jezebel is right that most scanners come with OCR but I have found
that the Microsoft Document Imaging is superior to every other OCR I
have tried (and I have several very expensive ones). From me that is
one hell of a complement as I avoid MS products normally as most are
too clunky.
On-line options are fine if you are permanently connected AND willing
to put what may be sensitive data up where security is an unknown
quantity.

Mi Tasol
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

On Aug 17, 9:27*pm, Mi Tasol wrote:
On Aug 12, 8:09*pm, rmathur wrote:

*Jezebel wrote on 09/13/2006 01:42 ET :

A scan is a graphic. You need to use OCR software to convert it to text.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] editscanneddocuments@gmail.com is offline

On Tuesday, September 12, 2006 at 10:35:01 PM UTC-7, anne wrote:
i scanned a word document containing texts only, when i scanned using HP 6213
officejet to microsoft i was not able to edit the documents, is it
possible?what will I do?thanks and reagrds to all

Try This one
www.editscanneddocuments.com