Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Sverre Medalen

Default Use of Character styles

In my document I want to emphasize text for evaluation that other persons
shall find easily. Thereafter I want to be able to easily remove the
emphasize so that the text regains its initial formatting.

To solve this, I've made a style of type Character and changed its colour to
red. I marked som text (in Times New Roman, 10pt, black) with that character
style. The text changed from black to red, while keeping the font-family and
size of the Paragraph style, as expected.
Thereafter I deleted the Character style to see if the marked text regained
its initial format. The text colour went back to black, but the font-family
and size became Arial and 11pt respectively. How can I get Word to give a
text marked with a Character style the style of its Paragraph style when I
delete the Character style?

Regards,
Sverre