filmonica

Default path not valid

sometimes when I try to open a Word Document File I get this message:
"The document name or path is not valid.
Check the path to make sure it was typed correctly."

What is the path? and where could I find it to "check it"?

I also want to say that I get this problem with files that have Arabic
titles. sometimes they open when I change the title to English. but I do not
want to do that to all files. I want to keep the original Arabic title.

I have English/Arabic Microsof Office Proffesional 2000.
my computer operating system is Windows XP home edition.

please help.

Abdul
Jezebel

The message just means that Word can't find the file you've asked it to
open. The 'path' is the sequence of folder and sub-folder names that precede
the name of the file itself. You can check it using Windows Explorer or My
Computer.

The problem will lie with Windows, not with Word: Word uses the Windows
Explorer functions to open files. I have no idea how Windows deals with
Arabic file names, but you can hardly be the first person to need to do
this. You'll get an answer from the Arabic Windows forum, inshallah.

news