Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Grandma is offline

Default Why won't my text box outline print?

When I do a text box and print it the box does not show on my paper even
though it shows in the document.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Grandma,

If you're in Word 2007
Office Button=Word Options=Display=Printing Options

If you're in an earlier Word version
File=Print=Options
and turn on 'Drawing Objects' in the Print options.

============
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Is it the text box content that doesn't print or just the "outline"? If the
former, be sure you have "Drawing objects" checked on the Print tab of Tools
| Options. If the latter, it may be that your text box doesn't actually have
a border; go to Format Text Box, select the Colors and Lines tab, and select
a color, style, and weight for the "line."

"Grandma" wrote in message
When I do a text box and print it the box does not show on my paper even
though it shows in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Grandma is offline

Word 2007 - The outline won't print. I have gone to format text box,
selected a color, style, and weight for the line. If I select a shaded box
with a border it will print the shading, wording and the border. But an
unshaded box will not print the border.

"Grandma" wrote in message
When I do a text box and print it the box does not show on my paper even
though it shows in the document.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Grandma is offline

Hi Bob,
I am in Word 2007 and I have the "Drawing Objects" checked but it still
does not print the outline of the box.

"Grandma" wrote in message ...
When I do a text box and print it the box does not show on my paper even
though it shows in the document.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Grandma is offline

Yes, I usually insert a simple text box, go to shape outline and make the
outline a pt 6 weight or something other than the default and pick a color
for the outline. It shows up on the screen and in print preview the way I
want it put when I print it, it only prints the text inside the box. I am
using word 2007 from Microsoft Office Student & Home edition.

"Grandma" wrote in message
When I do a text box and print it the box does not show on my paper even
though it shows in the document.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Hi Grandma,

If you start a new document and use
Insert=Shapes
and insert a textbox, then apply the 6pt outline from
Text Box Tools=Shape Outline=Weight
does the border appear in Print preview and when you print?

Do you have the MS Office 2007 add-in for PDF?
Office Button=Save As=PDF?

If so, does the border appear there?

===============
"Grandma" wrote in message ...
Word 2007 - The outline won't print. I have gone to format text box,
selected a color, style, and weight for the line. If I select a shaded box
with a border it will print the shading, wording and the border. But an
unshaded box will not print the border.
--

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Grandma Grandma is offline

Hi Bob,

I tried both of the suggestions you showed and they both showed the border
in print preview but the border would not printin either case. I did
download the Save As PDF file.

I finally found that if I do a Draw = Border = 6pt and then draw the
border it will show in print preview and then actually print.

Seems the long way to do it when the text box border should print.

Grandma