Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
srack srack is offline

Default toc with links

A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it took me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Anne Troy[_2_] Anne Troy[_2_] is offline

Try these steps:
http://www.officearticles.com/word/e...osoft_word.htm

****************************
Hope it helps!
Anne Troy
www.OfficeArticles.com
****************************
"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it took me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

TOCs generated by Word are hyperlinked by default in Word 2000 and above.
Even if you choose not to have the entries hyperlinked, the page numbers are
hyperlinked in all versions. See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for more on how to have
Word create a TOC from your document.

"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it took

me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
patm patm is offline

If the document is saved as HTML to be posted on a website, will those TOC
hyperlinks carry over as hyperlinks in the HTML page?

"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it took

me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Yes. The default TOC has hyperlinked entries that display no page numbers
when the document is saved as HTML (the right-hand preview in the Table of
Contents dialog).

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

TOCs generated by Word are hyperlinked by default in Word 2000 and

above.
Even if you choose not to have the entries hyperlinked, the page numbers

are
hyperlinked in all versions. See
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/toc/CreateATOC.html for more on how to

have
Word create a TOC from your document.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it

took
me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
patm patm is offline

Thank you, Suzanne. I was working with a document from another department
that I did not create. I simply needed to rebuild the TOC and then the
hyperlinks were there as I had first expected.

Thanks for your help on this. It's been driving me crazy for a couple of
days now.

Pat

"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry it

took
me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

You probably didn't have to rebuild the TOC. If you'd stated upfront that
you were working with an existing TOC that *wasn't* hyperlinked, I would
have suggested just adding the required \h and \z switches to the TOC field
code.

"srack" wrote in message
A table of contents was set up where, when I clicked on an entry

it
took
me
to that place in the document. How was that set up?

web links professor_blues Microsoft Word Help 1 September 11th 06 06:36 PM
Web Links Hague2 Microsoft Word Help 0 February 28th 06 05:11 AM
Word2000 changes relative links to absolute links Patricio Page Layout 1 January 26th 06 10:25 PM
Links in PDF E. Walsh Microsoft Word Help 6 June 22nd 05 12:46 AM
Removing a group of hypertext links or all hypertext links in a document Terri Creagh Tables 5 November 9th 04 05:30 AM