Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] david.townsend@gmail.com is offline

Default Merge Picture Not Working

For the sake of my sanity, can someone please tell me what I'm doing
wrong? I'm using Word 2003.

I'm trying to create a directory with the person's picture beside
their personal information, so I'm using two columns - one for the
picture, one for the name,phone#,etc. What's happening is the textual
information is updating and showing each subsequent record in the
file, but the all the pictures copies of the first person in the
directory. I've tried press Ctrl+A and then F9, but that seems to
change all the text information to be duplicates of the first person
in the directory (pressing the 'next record' and then 'previous
record' corrects that part).

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
[email protected] david.townsend@gmail.com is offline

Let me add a little more information:

I'm trying to include the full path name in the excel spreadsheet from
which I'm importing the information. I have quotation marks around the
path name.

Here's a sample of my code:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE "{MERGEFIELD "PictureLocationwithoutquotationmarks"}"
\d \*MERGEFORMAT }

When I toggle code, it appears like this:
{ INCLUDEPICTURE "W:\\Users\\DavidTownsend\\2007-2008\\Conferences\
\IPDET\\Photo Directory\\Attendee Pictures\\PAlexAcheampong.jpg" \d
\* MERGEFORMAT }

This shows the second name on the list. Yet, when I press Alt+F9 to
show the results, it displays a copy of the picture of the first
person, as are all subsequent pictures If at this point I press Ctrl+A
then F9, all text the becomes duplicates of the first person.

On Jun 8, 10:18 am, wrote:
For the sake of my sanity, can someone please tell me what I'm doing
wrong? I'm using Word 2003.

I'm trying to create a directory with the person's picture beside
their personal information, so I'm using two columns - one for the
picture, one for the name,phone#,etc. What's happening is the textual
information is updating and showing each subsequent record in the
file, but the all the pictures copies of the first person in the
directory. I've tried press Ctrl+A and then F9, but that seems to
change all the text information to be duplicates of the first person
in the directory (pressing the 'next record' and then 'previous
record' corrects that part).

How do I fix this?

Thanks in advance,
David

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

You have to merge to a new document and update that - see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_graphics.htm
You might also consider using shorter fieldnames. The original standard was
a maximum of 10 charaters and Word can get confused if the fieldnames are
longer than this.

working with mail merge Noah Mailmerge 2 April 15th 07 04:00 PM
Email merge not working TC Mailmerge 1 January 6th 06 06:48 AM
Merge not working Aurora Microsoft Word Help 1 September 27th 05 05:38 AM
mail merge not working MamaMille56 Mailmerge 2 September 19th 05 07:52 AM
merge field not working kim Mailmerge 2 July 20th 05 10:13 AM