Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bryan Bryan is offline

Default tab delimiter problem

I'm writing a macro which includes a mailmerge process. Even though my source
file is tab-delimited, I keep getting a prompt for what delimiter I want to
use. Any suggestions on how to avoid this? My code:

With ActiveDocument 'xx
.MailMerge.MainDocumentType = wdFormLetters
.MailMerge.OpenDataSource name:=strWorkFileWithPath,
ConfirmConversions:=False, ReadOnly:=False, LinkToSource:=True, _
AddToRecentFiles:=True, PasswordDocument:="",
PasswordTemplate:="", WritePasswordDocument:="", WritePasswordTemplate:="",
Revert:=False, _
Format:=wdOpenFormatAuto, Connection:="", SQLStatement:="",
SQLStatement1:="", SubType:=wdMergeSubTypeOther
.MailMerge.EditMainDocument
End With

--
Bryan
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QnJ5YW4=?=,

I'm writing a macro which includes a mailmerge process. Even though my source
file is tab-delimited, I keep getting a prompt for what delimiter I want to
use.

What have you used as the record delimiter?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Bryan Bryan is offline

Paragraphs is the record delimiter.

Thanks for your attention, but I believe I've fixed the problem. In the text
I was manipulating, it ended up with too many fields. After I fixed that, the
delimiter prompt seemed to go away.

--
Bryan

"Cindy M." wrote:

Hi ?B?QnJ5YW4=?=,

I'm writing a macro which includes a mailmerge process. Even though my source
file is tab-delimited, I keep getting a prompt for what delimiter I want to
use.

What have you used as the record delimiter?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Cindy M. Cindy M. is offline

Hi ?B?QnJ5YW4=?=,

Paragraphs is the record delimiter.

Thanks for your attention, but I believe I've fixed the problem. In the text
I was manipulating, it ended up with too many fields. After I fixed that, the
delimiter prompt seemed to go away.

Yes, that would do it, too :-) Glad you tracked it down.

Cindy Meister