Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Challenged! Word Challenged! is offline

Default PAGINATION PROBLEM IN WORD 2003

I am operating Word 2003 with a Windows XP OS. When creating a new Word
document, I can only enter one page of text. After that, it will not
automatically start a new page. It will allow me to enter manual page breaks
for 3 or 4 pages, but then it will not allow me to go any further. If I
import a document, it displays all of the pages properly, until I try to
edit, then it goes back to restricting the document length and not inserting
new pages.

Thank You.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout

Go to Format | Columns and click on the preset picture for One (even if 1
column is already selected), then OK. Does that help? If so, you'll need to
do the same thing in Normal.dot; see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/...ocNotBlank.htm for instructions on
how to find and modify Normal.dot.

"Word Challenged!" Word wrote in
message ...
I am operating Word 2003 with a Windows XP OS. When creating a new Word
document, I can only enter one page of text. After that, it will not
automatically start a new page. It will allow me to enter manual page

breaks
for 3 or 4 pages, but then it will not allow me to go any further. If I
import a document, it displays all of the pages properly, until I try to
edit, then it goes back to restricting the document length and not

inserting
new pages.

Thank You.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Word Challenged![_2_] Word Challenged![_2_] is offline

Your answer was 100% correct. My Word 2003 is functioning properly again.
Thank you very much for your assistance!

glen