Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polcat Polcat is offline

Default How can I get accent marks to work in Brazilian keyboard.

On either International or Brazilian keyboard I can''t get the accent marks.
I need them badly. In fact you notice here the word ""Can''t"" the
punctuation marks are all acting up. I have Windows XP Professional.
Thanks, Polcat
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ianb Ianb is offline

One method is to use Alt and the ASCII code of the key (I think you have to
type the number on the side keypad.

eg for é hold the alt key down and type 130

For a list of ASCII code go to http://www.lookuptables.com/

Hope that helps

"Polcat" wrote:

On either International or Brazilian keyboard I can''t get the accent marks.
I need them badly. In fact you notice here the word ""Can''t"" the
punctuation marks are all acting up. I have Windows XP Professional.
Thanks, Polcat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polcat Polcat is offline

Ianb
Thanks loads for the help. At least yours was the best answer since I have
been doing research online. I still would prefer it like the Brazilian
keyboard that used to do it on my machine just fine, but somewhere along the
line it corrupted and I can only get a few accent marks -but not all of them

Polcat

"Polcat" wrote:

On either International or Brazilian keyboard I can''t get the accent marks.
I need them badly. In fact you notice here the word ""Can''t"" the
punctuation marks are all acting up. I have Windows XP Professional.
Thanks, Polcat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Ianb Ianb is offline

Glad to help. I think you can set up your Keyboard language as well. this
will allow you to get the accents you want at the press of a key. I have a
feeling this is set up in Regional settings in your Control Panel. I'm on a
locked down computer so I can't confirm

All the best

Ian

"Polcat" wrote:

On either International or Brazilian keyboard I can''t get the accent marks.
I need them badly. In fact you notice here the word ""Can''t"" the
punctuation marks are all acting up. I have Windows XP Professional.
Thanks, Polcat

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Polcat Polcat is offline

Thanks for the added word. I have tried to get the portuguese keyboard and
have it in the system but it still does not porduce the tilde or circumflex.
A yr. ago it did but now stopped. It''s crazy, I don''t know what happened.
And as I suggested look at the word ""its"" above and note the double quote
marks. Something is out of wack.

thanks, polcat