James harrison

Default Unable to install Office 2003 (student)

Microsoft's 60 day trial version came with my PC but recently timed out, so I
took up the option from my PC vendor and had a disk sent out after paying
£120.

However when we try to install this student version of office it goes
through the full installation procedure but all word / excel etc document are
still locked after instalation.

Tried the vendors technical hotline but they are stumped.

We have uninstalled the original version supplied by the vendor including
searching for the hidden files. We have also (apparently) deleted the
original license but to no avail. They now suggest reformatting the HDD as
next optuion

Surely this can't be correct? Reformatting to install office!!

Can anyone help

Thanks
James Harrison