Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
PAR PAR is offline

Default Paste Tool in Word 2003

How do you get rid of the paste icon that sits right in the way after you
pasted something into your document from another source. I can't seem to
shake it. I have to save my doc, close it and reopen it to get rid of that
annoying icon.

Thank you for your help.
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Take a look at ToolsOptionsEdit & remove the check for Show Paste Options
Buttons. While you're in the Options dialog you might poke around a bit -
surprising what you have to work with.

OTOH - Should you change your mind about the "annoying icon" & decide that
you may want to take advantage of its convenience the feature can be left
active - just press [Esc] after pasting to dismiss the button... or you can
just keep typing & it will go away on its own.

--
Regards |:)
Bob Jones