Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
CS CS is offline

Default Insert TOC Options box

I want to know how to change the default setting for TOC levels in the
options dialog box under Insert\reference\toc\options. I need to change the
formatting of the toc - after I make the necessary changes to a specified
level and update the toc, I return to update the next level and the levels I
have chosen in the options box have all changed back to a default setting.
This makes this nearly impossible to work with. How does this work?
Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Idaho Word Man Idaho Word Man is offline

Check the article at
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/numbering/...action/toc.htm
I think it will answer most of your questions.

I hope this helps.

Fred