Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Ron for rehearsal dinner Ron for rehearsal dinner is offline

Default Want to use timeline to describe family history w/context of event

Any experiences in developing a yearly timeline, w/subsets that show context
for
local, national, and world events. The Concise History of the World, by Nat
Geog is the model. Any ideas/shortcuts to help this work thru 70 plus years?

Format, picture inclusion, and related info welcome.

Just starting.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.pagelayout
Susan Ramlet[_2_] Susan Ramlet[_2_] is offline

Hi, Ron,

No specific experience, but I've built visual project timelines.

I think the first thing I'd try is Visio's GANTT chart template if you have
Visio. Alternatively, Excel might be nice because it already provides you
the tabular format that you can use to fill in blocks and associate text
near those blocks. It may not have the robust formatting I'd like, but it
would be simple for layout, I suspect.

Otherwise you could start with a Word Table, and use formatted drawing
objects in the table cells if you want more zippy formatting. Just some
ideas that might get you started.

--
Susan Ramlet