Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] a.fawcett@bridgelegal.com.au is offline

Default Anyone have any macro's for putting on copy watermark on ALL pages?

Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a macro that will place the words
"COPY" diagonally on every page of a document (it will only go on the
1st two pages of a document) and then to print to the entire document
to "uppertray".

Does anyone have a macro that achieves this? I would be most grateful
for any macro's, help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

You want it on only the first two pages, or that is what is happening?

Version of Word?

The uppertray part depends on your printer and printer driver.

Sub MyWatermark()
'
' MyWatermark Macro
' Macro recorded 7/24/2006 by Charles Kyle Kenyon
'
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes.AddTextEffect(PowerP lusWaterMarkObject1, _
"COPY", "Garamond", 1, False, False, 0, 0).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Name = "PowerPlusWaterMarkObject1"
Selection.ShapeRange.TextEffect.NormalizedHeight = False
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Visible = False
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Visible = True
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Solid
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(192, 192, 192)
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Transparency = 0.5
Selection.ShapeRange.Rotation = 315
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = True
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = InchesToPoints(3.17)
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = InchesToPoints(5.29)
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.AllowOverlap = True
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Side = wdWrapNone
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = 3
Selection.ShapeRange.RelativeHorizontalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
Selection.ShapeRange.RelativeVerticalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
Selection.ShapeRange.Left = wdShapeCenter
Selection.ShapeRange.Top = wdShapeCenter
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
End Sub

Note: Watermarks are simply graphics inserted in the header (even though not
in the header area).

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a macro that will place the words
"COPY" diagonally on every page of a document (it will only go on the
1st two pages of a document) and then to print to the entire document
to "uppertray".

Does anyone have a macro that achieves this? I would be most grateful
for any macro's, help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Note, if you have separate sections in your document and the headers are not
linked, you would need to put the watermark in each section.
--

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a macro that will place the words
"COPY" diagonally on every page of a document (it will only go on the
1st two pages of a document) and then to print to the entire document
to "uppertray".

Does anyone have a macro that achieves this? I would be most grateful
for any macro's, help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Charles Kenyon Charles Kenyon is offline

Please do not post multiple items on the same topic, even if you don't like
the answers you are getting.
--

wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello all,

I have tried unsuccessfully to create a macro that will place the words
"COPY" diagonally on every page of a document (it will only go on the
1st two pages of a document) and then to print to the entire document
to "uppertray".

Does anyone have a macro that achieves this? I would be most grateful
for any macro's, help.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Charles Kenyon wrote:

Note, if you have separate sections in your document and the headers are not
linked, you would need to put the watermark in each section.
--

Thankyou Charles. I am using Word 2003. I do have separate sections in
my documents and that is my problem which no one can seem to provide

How do I alter your macro so that it covers all types of sections
whether they are or aren't in a document? (ie, some documents will not
have any different sections, while other do - is there one macro that
can be written to cover all of those scenarios?)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

If you put the watermark in a single-section template, it will be replicated
to every new section that is created.

This does not work with me at all. If I call up a Will for instance
that has 7 pages in the first section and 2 pages in the second
section, and I press my macro button, it will only place COPY in the
first section.

What on earth and I doing wrong? I just can't work it out. Surely
there must be a code that covers all sections? I really wish I could
solve this problem, any help would be most grateful!

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] a.fawcett@bridgelegal.com.au is offline

What about this macro below - it seems to cover 2 sections, but how can
I specify it to cover EVERY section or NO sections if there are no
section breaks in the document.

Could someone be so kind as to amend this macro and paste a complete
updated version of it? I really am at my wits end! Many thanks

Sub PrintCopy()
'
' PrintCopy Macro
' Macro recorded 25/07/2006 by AFawcett
'
With Selection.PageSetup
.FirstPageTray = wdPrinterUpperBin
.OtherPagesTray = wdPrinterUpperBin
.SectionStart = wdSectionNewPage
.OddAndEvenPagesHeaderFooter = False
.DifferentFirstPageHeaderFooter = False
.VerticalAlignment = wdAlignVerticalTop
.SuppressEndnotes = True
.MirrorMargins = False
.TwoPagesOnOne = False
.BookFoldPrinting = False
.BookFoldRevPrinting = False
.BookFoldPrintingSheets = 1
.GutterPos = wdGutterPosLeft
End With
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader

Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes.AddTextEffect(PowerP lusWaterMarkObject1,
_
"COPY", "Times New Roman", 1, False, False, 0, 0).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Name = "PowerPlusWaterMarkObject1"
Selection.ShapeRange.TextEffect.NormalizedHeight = False
Selection.ShapeRange.Line.Visible = False
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Visible = True
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Solid
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.ForeColor.RGB = RGB(192, 192, 192)
Selection.ShapeRange.Fill.Transparency = 0
Selection.ShapeRange.Rotation = 315
Selection.ShapeRange.LockAspectRatio = True
Selection.ShapeRange.Height = CentimetersToPoints(7.84)
Selection.ShapeRange.Width = CentimetersToPoints(15.68)
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.AllowOverlap = True
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Side = wdWrapNone
Selection.ShapeRange.WrapFormat.Type = 3
Selection.ShapeRange.RelativeHorizontalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
Selection.ShapeRange.RelativeVerticalPosition = _
wdRelativeVerticalPositionMargin
Selection.ShapeRange.Left = wdShapeCenter
Selection.ShapeRange.Top = wdShapeCenter
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
ActiveDocument.Sections(2).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader

Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes.AddTextEffect(PowerP lusWaterMarkObject4,
_
"COPY", "Times New Roman", 1, False, False, 0, 0).Select
Selection.ShapeRange.Name = "PowerPlusWaterMarkObject4"
[...]
ActiveDocument.PrintOut
ActiveDocument.Sections(1).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes("PowerPlusWaterMarkO bject1").Select
Selection.Delete
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
ActiveDocument.Sections(2).Range.Select
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekCurrentPageHeader
Selection.HeaderFooter.Shapes("PowerPlusWaterMarkO bject4").Select
Selection.Delete
ActiveWindow.ActivePane.View.SeekView = wdSeekMainDocument
Selection.MoveLeft Unit:=wdCharacter, Count:=1
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdLine
Selection.HomeKey Unit:=wdStory
End Sub

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
[email protected] a.fawcett@bridgelegal.com.au is offline

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:

Create your Will template as a single section and insert a COPY watermark
using Format | Background | Printed Watermark. Then and only then, add a
section break.

Hi Suzanne,

Our will template provides signing clauses on the bottom of each page
inserted into the footer of each page, EXCEPT the last two pages which
are the main signing page (and hence already have signing provisions)
and the back page which we don't sign.

How can I manipulate the macro to cover these?

We don't want to have to go in and fix the header footer problem every
time just to work around the watermark - isn't there a way to give the
macro a code to cover all sections or no sections at all (ie, all
scenarios)??

Many thanks for your help my the way, you are a saviour!