Andrew

Default Seeing embedded pictures in Word documents

Since installing XP Service Pack 2, Word 2002 with Service Pack 3 has stopped
displaying embedded pictures.

Clicking on them opens the black outline box....but the picture isn't
visible. Carrying out a function (example dragging the box to re-size)
makes the picture visible.

Howeverif you then scroll down the page to below where the embedded picture
is in the document and then scroll back again, the picture vanishes.
Clicking on it and carrying out a function as above restores it again.

I have a second computer running the same software and same operating system
without this problem.

I've uninstalled and re-installed Office XP, but with no effect. All the
obvious settings are correct (Tools/Options "Drawings" box checked, "Picture
Placeholders" unchecked etc).

Any ideas?

--
Andrew

Andrew

Hello Garfield-n-oldie,

Thanks very much for the advice - it has worked and fixed the problem. I
reduced the hardware acceleration by three notches and "hey presto", the
embedded pictures can now be seen. Thanks again,

regards, Andrew