Ann Brownell

Default Find (NO formatting) not finding word that IS there.

I have a document I wrote using a company template.

I am updating the document and I need to replace the word 'specify' to
'details' (in some cases). When I use Find, it is found in a table near the
beginning of the document but no where else.

I noticed that it was looking for Font: 9pt so I opened the Format Font
and deleted the font size. Help had referred to "No Formatting" option but I
was looking for a checkbox and didn't notice the button.

When I got out of the little Font window, I then noticed the No Formatting
button which now was disabled (presumably because I had cleared the font
myself). Still when I used Find, the word was not found.

----
Oh - I just discovered how to get it to work. It looks like a minor
persistence bug. I'll post anyway in case it helps someone else.

I opened Format Font again and added a font size. Now the No Formatting
button was enabled again. I clicked the button and it cleared the Font Size
(rather than me doing it manually).

Now, it is finding the word.

So, I guess when I clear the font manually, even though the 'No formatting'
button is disabled, the font size must still be persisting somewhere.