ronberger

Default Word 2003 - Save files to more than one floppy?

I'm an author and I can't seem to save my writtings on more than one floppy.
Surely there should be a way to use more than one disk to save a large file.
Something like Quicken where you can use any number of floppies to save.

Graham Mayor

Never ever read from, write to or print from floppy with Word. This is the
most certain method of ensuring document corruption. Copy to the hard disc
and work on the document from there. This is equally relevant to other
removable media such as CDRW.

ronberger wrote:
I'm an author and I can't seem to save my writtings on more than one
floppy. Surely there should be a way to use more than one disk to
save a large file. Something like Quicken where you can use any
number of floppies to save.

ronberger

Thanks. I'll give it a try.

"ronberger" wrote:

I'm an author and I can't seem to save my writtings on more than one floppy.
Surely there should be a way to use more than one disk to save a large file.
Something like Quicken where you can use any number of floppies to save.

ronberger

I only use the "floppies" to save my work just in case I crash and loose it
all.
I only wanted to know if the file is larger than the floppy, how can I save
it to more than one disk?
Thanks,

ronberger wrote:
I'm an author and I can't seem to save my writtings on more than one
floppy. Surely there should be a way to use more than one disk to
save a large file. Something like Quicken where you can use any
number of floppies to save.

Graham Mayor

If you save it to a floppy from Word you *will* lose your work. Save to the
hard drive and copy to floppy. If you need to copy to more than one floppy
because of file size then use a disc spanning file compressor utility such
as WinZip or WinRar.