Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
rran rran is offline

Default How to write asp.net side code for a simple mail merge

I have a MS word mail merge template created already. Something as simple as,

ReturnAddress
SendToAddress
How do I write the VB.Net side code to fill in different values to the
ReturnAddress and SendToAddress on the template and open the word doc?

Thanks,
--
Rebecca
Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
LianaEnt LianaEnt is offline

"rran" wrote:

I have a MS word mail merge template created already. Something as simple as,

ReturnAddress
SendToAddress
How do I write the VB.Net side code to fill in different values to the
ReturnAddress and SendToAddress on the template and open the word doc?

Thanks,
--
Rebecca

Hi Rebecca,

Any luck with this? I had an asp.net vb word mailmerge program running
great until we upgraded to Office 2003. Now when we run it and try to open
the merged doc, we get an annoying message about "Select * From" and if you
say Yes to continue, you get the template, not the merged doc. This leaves
us manually creating the merged doc from the template, which makes the
automated merge process pretty useless.

Anyway, let me know if you get anywhere with this!

Thanks,
Larry

Simple Mail Merge Sonia Mailmerge 3 November 12th 07 09:51 AM
how do I do the most simple mail merge, steps 1, 2, 3 ? nankiARTnankispot.live Mailmerge 1 February 16th 07 08:51 PM
copy mail merge recipient list for backup (in simple language pl) snavehplar Mailmerge 1 November 10th 05 10:26 PM
Simple mail merge question,square? [email protected] Mailmerge 2 October 12th 05 04:56 AM
Line Break in a simple label mail merge jonh Mailmerge 1 October 5th 05 09:50 PM