Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louverril Louverril is offline

Default E-mail address not present when select Outlook Contacts as datasou

I have Office 2007 with business contacts manager installed on Vista business.

I prepare a document in word and select "select recipients" from the mailing
ribbon.
I select "select from outlook contacts"
Then business contacts
when the list of contacts appears there is no email address field/column
if I select a recipient and then click "finish and merge " and "send email
message" I get an error saying there is no valid address!

How can email address be missing from the fields avialable?

If I select Outlook contacts rather that business manager contacts I get no
recipients at all in the list (there shoudl by a lot!) but there is an email
address column header that appears after country/region.

Any ideas I don't mind if I use contacts or business contacts manager I just
want an email field!

Thanks Lou.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields

Start the merge from Outlook.

See the "Mailmerge from Outlook" item on fellow MVP Graham Mayor's website
at:

http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

"Louverril" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louverril Louverril is offline

Default E-mail address not present when select Outlook Contacts as dat

Thanks for your response.

I know I can start it from Outlook - but to I want to start it from Word!
Don't want to sound too ratty but that's what I paid for and that's what I
want. It's ridiculous that the email field isn't carried over, and, that with
business contact manager inow nstalled I've lost the link to my Outlook
contacts from Word merge.

I'm really starrting to go off Microsoft!

The other issue to starting form Outlook now is I can't get rid of the
datasource link from my Word document so the Outlook method is refusing to
work anyway - any idea how to return the word document to it's pre merge
state - no datasource attached?

Thanks Lou

"Louverril" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

Louverril wrote:
Thanks for your response.

I know I can start it from Outlook - but to I want to start it from
Word! Don't want to sound too ratty but that's what I paid for and
that's what I want. It's ridiculous that the email field isn't
carried over, and, that with business contact manager inow nstalled
I've lost the link to my Outlook contacts from Word merge.

The ability to merge from Outlook data starting from Word is limited, so if
you want access to all the fields you are going to be disappointed. Merging
starting from Outlook provides the greater accessibility to the data fields.
However there is an e-mail field present from the Contacts list if you start
from Word, called "EMail_Address"

I'm really starrting to go off Microsoft!

I'm sure they'll be disappointed

The other issue to starting form Outlook now is I can't get rid of
the datasource link from my Word document so the Outlook method is
refusing to work anyway - any idea how to return the word document
to it's pre merge state - no datasource attached?

Change the document type to normal word document. You can do this from the
mailmerge toolbar (see
http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...h_word_xp.htm), the mailmerge
helper or the Start Mailmerge button depending on which Word version you are
using.

Thanks Lou

"Louverril" wrote in message
[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.mailmerge.fields
Louverril Louverril is offline

They should be disappointed though - one day they will realise that. I shall
comfort myself with the thought that I warned them rather than just giving
up! Told you so Mr Gates.

Already found the answer eslewhere to the return to normal document - but
thanks!

Lou