Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Default writing a thesis

I am planning to write my thesis in word. it might be over 200 pages of word.
Is there any guide/tip for writing lengthy files and points to consider.
Basically I am considering to write each chapter in separate file (as I will
write them during long period of time, maybe six month), so I don't know
whether it is a good idea to put all of them in one file. During time the
file will enlarge with no need for previous parts. So I think it is a wise
idea to use separate files for separate chapters.
At the end of my work, if it becomes necessary I may join them.
Regarding numbering of pages, in my lab they use independent numbering for
each chapter, like 2-1. First number shows chapter number and second number
shows page number in that chapter. In this sence I think I will not face the
numbering problem for separate chapters.
Will be glad to hear your comments on lengthy files.
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Khoshravan Khoshravan is offline

Thanks a lot. It is really informative
--
Rasoul Khoshravan Azar
Civil Engineer, Osaka, Japan

Writing Styles AQ Microsoft Word Help 2 April 12th 06 06:17 PM
Scientific thesis writing - help!! Will Doward Page Layout 2 August 13th 05 12:52 PM
college student needs help writing narrative thesis located at end lavonne New Users 1 July 16th 05 01:11 AM
Writing a thesis Kylie Microsoft Word Help 4 March 17th 05 01:17 PM
table of contents in thesis SSL New Users 1 January 9th 05 10:56 PM