Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
StevenM StevenM is offline

Default Is it possible to hide a table?

One can hide text by creating a style and hiding the text associated with
this style. So is it then possible to hide a whole table?

Steven Craig Miller
New Lenox, IL (USA)
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Select the whole table, including the End of Row characters, then format,
font, hidden.
Hope this helps
DeanH

"StevenM" wrote:

One can hide text by creating a style and hiding the text associated with
this style. So is it then possible to hide a whole table?

Steven Craig Miller
New Lenox, IL (USA)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
StevenM StevenM is offline

"DeanH" wrote: "Select the whole table, including the End of Row characters,
then format, font, hidden."

I got that to work, both the table and the text in the table was hidden. But
when I closed & saved the document and re-opened it, the text remained
hidden, but the table re-appeared. Am I doing something wrong?

Steven Craig Miller
Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
DeanH DeanH is offline

Hmm, I don't see that happening.

What I did notice yesterday when I had a play was if you had applied Hidden
to the text only and then selected the whole table and applied Hidden, Word
seemed to get confused a tad. Clearing all Hidden from everything (clean the
slate so to speak) and then applying Hidden to the whole table, again, seemed
to settle Word down.
Hope this works for you.
DeanH

"StevenM" wrote:

"DeanH" wrote: "Select the whole table, including the End of Row characters,
then format, font, hidden."

I got that to work, both the table and the text in the table was hidden. But
when I closed & saved the document and re-opened it, the text remained
hidden, but the table re-appeared. Am I doing something wrong?

Steven Craig Miller

Posted to microsoft.public.word.tables
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

In the Font dialog box, a selection with conflicting settings would be
indicated by a checked box which is also grey (or a "filled" box in Word
2007). You can click it repeatedly to get the setting you want for the whole
selection.

Note that for large selections, Word may always report conflicting settings
(this applies not only to the hidden attribute but to other settings as
well). :-(

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP