Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomBk

Default How Get Book Layout View

I stumbled across a book layout view. i.e. 2 pages side by side. This
was cool because I'm formatting a book.

Then I lost that view and couldn't duplicate it.

Help please. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Carol

Tools | Options | General | Allow starting in reading layout.
--
Carol A. Bratt, MCP

"TomBk" wrote:

I stumbled across a book layout view. i.e. 2 pages side by side. This
was cool because I'm formatting a book.

Then I lost that view and couldn't duplicate it.

Help please. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement

If this is Word 2003, you might be referring to Reading Layout view, but be
aware that, although this view makes *reading* easier, it does not represent
what will print. If you want to see facing pages in a book layout, enable
either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" headers and footers,
then choose "2 pages" in Print Preview. You can also view two pages side by
side in Print Layout view, but they won't be *facing* pages.

"TomBk" wrote in message
ups.com...
I stumbled across a book layout view. i.e. 2 pages side by side. This
was cool because I'm formatting a book.

Then I lost that view and couldn't duplicate it.

Help please. Thanks

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
TomBk

Suzanne S. Barnhill wrote:
If this is Word 2003, you might be referring to Reading Layout view, but be
aware that, although this view makes *reading* easier, it does not represent
what will print. If you want to see facing pages in a book layout, enable
either "Mirror margins" or "Different odd and even" headers and footers,
then choose "2 pages" in Print Preview.

Hi Suzanne,

Thanks for your reply.

I used "Mirror margins" and got a view that closely matched the layout
I started with and am working from. That is a pdf file I saved as a
Word .doc. I was having trouble getting such a view in general.

However I couldn't get 1x2 pages in the Print Preview. I could get 1x4
and others but not 1x2. Weird.

TomBk