Ricky Gibson

Default Refreshing mailmerge document

I'm using Word 2002.
I have made a mailmerge with the mail merge wizard.
The file I use to select from, is a query in access 2002.
To narrow down the recipients I filtered for a certain city.
Finally I saved the file to a new document with for instance the name
London.
Several persons moved, and the database was changed to reflect the new
address (city).
However when I opened the file London, I noticed that the addresses were not
changed.
So the file is only a snapshot.
Is there a way that I can repeat the same merge without having to go through
all the steps again?

Ricky

Charles Kenyon

If you save your document before doing the merge, possibly saving as a
template, then perform a merge when you want to update, I think you'll get
what you want.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Ricky Gibson" wrote in message
. ..
I'm using Word 2002.
I have made a mailmerge with the mail merge wizard.
The file I use to select from, is a query in access 2002.
To narrow down the recipients I filtered for a certain city.
Finally I saved the file to a new document with for instance the name
London.
Several persons moved, and the database was changed to reflect the new
address (city).
However when I opened the file London, I noticed that the addresses were
not changed.
So the file is only a snapshot.
Is there a way that I can repeat the same merge without having to go
through all the steps again?

Ricky

Stephen Glynn

You should still have the main Word document you created for the
original mail-merge -- the one in which you inserted the merge fields

If you re-open that, it should still be connected to the same file you
used as your database. Just run another merge, using the same query to
return only records with London in the city field, and you'll get the
same letter, only addressed to people who're currently listed as being
in London.

Alternatively, you can either edit your main document or create a new
one using the same database and send out an updated letter.

Steve