kgm

Default involuntary text deleting

Word 2002.

When I try to correct some text the next letter is deleted. I have to
re-type the whole word.

How can I get back to "normal"

kgm

Stephen Glynn

Sounds as if you've inadvertently hit the 'insert' button on your
keyboard, thus turning on overtyping. Look at the bar at the very
bottom of the Word screen -- does OVR appear in bold, rather than greyed
out, in the middle? If so, hit 'insert' to turn it off.

HTH

Steve