Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Carl R Carl R is offline

Default typing space not working?

I have word 2003. Sometimes when I type a sentence and want to go back in to
the middle of the sentence and add more words, I start to type and the words
to right of were I am typing begin to disappear with each letter I type
instead of the rest of the sentence moving to the right How can I fix this ?
I hope I explained this right
--
Thank-you
Carl R
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

You've accidentally gotten into OverType mode - easy to do by pressing the
Insert key, easy to turn Off by pressing the Insert key again. Notice the
letters OVR appear in black on the Status Bar when the feature is active,
they're dimmed when it isn't.

HTH |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/18/07 3:56 PM, in article
, "Carl R"
wrote:

I have word 2003. Sometimes when I type a sentence and want to go back in to
the middle of the sentence and add more words, I start to type and the words
to right of were I am typing begin to disappear with each letter I type
instead of the rest of the sentence moving to the right How can I fix this ?
I hope I explained this right

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

You toggled into overtype mode. OVR is shown at the foot of your screen.
Press INS once to toggle it off.