Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton Jim Bunton is offline

Default auto !

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this

Feb 2nd 2007-02-22

? how to turn it off please ?
--
Jim Bunton

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this

Feb 2nd 2007-02-22

? how to turn it off please ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton Jim Bunton is offline

Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting garfield-n-odie

Your solution works BUT I woukld like to get rid of the 'feature' all
together if possible

Jim

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...
Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this

Feb 2nd 2007-02-22

? how to turn it off please ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Stefan Blom Stefan Blom is offline

On the Tools menu, click AutoCorrect Options. Click the AutoText tab.
Clear the "Show AutoComplete suggestions" option. Click OK.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Jim Bunton" wrote in message
o.uk...
Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting garfield-n-odie

Your solution works BUT I woukld like to get rid of the 'feature'

all
together if possible

Jim

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]"

wrote in
message ...
Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this

Feb 2nd 2007-02-22

? how to turn it off please ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

In Word 2003 or earlier, click on Tools | AutoCorrect Options | AutoText
tab | uncheck the "Show AutoComplete suggestions" box | OK. This is an
all-or-nothing choice... this will turn off all AutoComplete suggestions
(dates which you don't want, as well as AutoText entries which you may
want).

Jim Bunton wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting garfield-n-odie

Your solution works BUT I woukld like to get rid of the 'feature' all
together if possible

Jim

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this

Feb 2nd 2007-02-22

? how to turn it off please ?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jim Bunton Jim Bunton is offline

Default auto ! Thanks

Thanks for the replies to my posting - all AOK now

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote in
message ...

Jim Bunton wrote:

Thanks for your prompt reply to my posting garfield-n-odie

Your solution works BUT I woukld like to get rid of the 'feature' all
together if possible

Jim

"garfield-n-odie [MVP]" wrote
in message ...

Type a space after 2007 before pressing the Enter key.

Jim Bunton wrote:

I type this

Feb 2nd 2007

and I get this