Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Default Printing 2 A5 sheets on one A4 - Word 2003

I have created a document with eight pages in A5 landscape, with text on
each page centred both horizontally and vertically. Print Preview shows this
to be OK. When I then go to print the document, and select two pages per
sheet, (printing on A4), the text is NOT centred vertically on each page. Is
this a printer problem or is there a setting I have missed in Word? (It
doesn't seem to matter how I change the printer settings, I can't get the
text is to centre vertically on printing....)

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Gordon" wrote in message
I have created a document with eight pages in A5 landscape, with text on
each page centred both horizontally and vertically. Print Preview shows
this to be OK. When I then go to print the document, and select two pages
per sheet, (printing on A4), the text is NOT centred vertically on each
page. Is this a printer problem or is there a setting I have missed in
Word? (It doesn't seem to matter how I change the printer settings, I can't
get the text is to centre vertically on printing....)

In fact what is happening is that it is printing each page side by side -
what I need it to do is to print on a portrait A4, one page on top of the
other. Is there a way to do this?

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

"Gordon" wrote in message
"Gordon" wrote in message
I have created a document with eight pages in A5 landscape, with text on
each page centred both horizontally and vertically. Print Preview shows
this to be OK. When I then go to print the document, and select two pages
per sheet, (printing on A4), the text is NOT centred vertically on each
page. Is this a printer problem or is there a setting I have missed in
Word? (It doesn't seem to matter how I change the printer settings, I
can't get the text is to centre vertically on printing....)

In fact what is happening is that it is printing each page side by side -
what I need it to do is to print on a portrait A4, one page on top of the
other. Is there a way to do this?

Fixed! I had to change the sheet size back to A4, then in Page setup, on the
Margins tab, under Pages-Multiple Pages, set it to 2 pages per sheet. Then
when I print, the twp pages are one on top of each other, and centred
vertically!