Phred Bear

Default Saving text as a picture

How can I save text as a gif or jpg or bit map. For example, a table which I
want to insert as a picture into another application which doesn't do text
(Doing CD labels, for example, which I can't get to customise the way I
want).

I can convert the text to a microsoft picture through "Paste Special" but
there doesn't seem to be a way of saving it. I have also tried saving the
clipboard copy of the picture but that only saves as a clipboard file. Any
ideas?

Pat Garard

G'Day Phred,

The quick (and smart) answer is 'Take a digital photo of the Doc".

The Doc contains all of your text, and Word's additional structural
and formatting data that allow you to Edit, Print etc.

A jpeg IS a photograph, and I don't believe there exists the kind of
free converter that you need.

If you can raise about $50, you might try:
http://www.eprintdriver.com/to_jpeg/DOC-to-JPEG-ex.html,
or for about $70:
http://www.print-driver.com/howto/co...doc_to_jpg.htm
or search Google for:
"doc to jpg"!

In a previous post, Graham Mayor (Word MVP) recommended SnagIt
trial version - www.techsmith.com.
--
Regards,
Pat Garard

"Phred Bear" wrote in message ...
How can I save text as a gif or jpg or bit map. For example, a table which I want to
insert as a picture into another application which doesn't do text (Doing CD labels,
for example, which I can't get to customise the way I want).

I can convert the text to a microsoft picture through "Paste Special" but there doesn't
seem to be a way of saving it. I have also tried saving the clipboard copy of the
picture but that only saves as a clipboard file. Any ideas?

Charles Kenyon

You have your picture in a Word document. Save that document as html and
look in the folder Word will create with the same name. You'll find your
jpg.
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Phred Bear" wrote in message
How can I save text as a gif or jpg or bit map. For example, a table which
I want to insert as a picture into another application which doesn't do
text (Doing CD labels, for example, which I can't get to customise the way
I want).

I can convert the text to a microsoft picture through "Paste Special" but
there doesn't seem to be a way of saving it. I have also tried saving the
clipboard copy of the picture but that only saves as a clipboard file. Any
ideas?

Phred Bear

"Charles Kenyon" wrote in
message ...
You have your picture in a Word document. Save that document as html and
look in the folder Word will create with the same name. You'll find your
jpg.
--
Charles Kenyon

That's the one.

Many thanks

Stan Brown

Thu, 10 Nov 2005 08:18:38 +1100 from "Pat Garard"
apgarardATbigpondDOTnetDOTau:
The quick (and smart) answer is 'Take a digital photo of the Doc".

The Doc contains all of your text, and Word's additional structural
and formatting data that allow you to Edit, Print etc.

A jpeg IS a photograph, and I don't believe there exists the kind of
free converter that you need.

I do: it's called Alt-PrtSc or Alt-PrintScreen.

Press that key combination to copy the current window to the
clipboard, then go to your favorite image editor and do EditPaste
or the equivalent.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/

Stan Brown

Wed, 9 Nov 2005 20:09:53 -0000 from Phred Bear :
How can I save text as a gif or jpg or bit map. For example, a table which I
want to insert as a picture into another application which doesn't do text
(Doing CD labels, for example, which I can't get to customise the way I
want).

I can convert the text to a microsoft picture through "Paste Special" but
there doesn't seem to be a way of saving it. I have also tried saving the
clipboard copy of the picture but that only saves as a clipboard file. Any
ideas?

You don't need to convert it within word: just take a snapshot with
Alt-PrtSc or Alt-PrintScreen. Then paste into your favorite image
editor.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/