byron

Default microsoft word

i typed the product code in the box but it says it's the wrong code?
LMB

Can someone read it to you. I don't think I have ever not gotten a wrong
code error, sure enough I typed something wrong but when someone reads it
off as I type it works every time.

Linda

"byron" wrote in message
i typed the product code in the box but it says it's the wrong code?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Make sure you have good lighting - some of those letters/numbers can be
misread.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"byron" wrote in message
i typed the product code in the box but it says it's the wrong code?

Mike Hall \(MS-MVP\)

Byron

Microsoft codes are reproduced in such a way that the numbers are slightly
larger than letters.. in this way, one can't mistake a #8 for the letter B,
assuming that one knows this and doesn't just consider it be bad printing..

Check your code again..

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/User

"byron" wrote in message
i typed the product code in the box but it says it's the wrong code?

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Byron -

This is copied from Microsoft's knowledge base:

1. Verify that you are typing the product key and that you are not typing
the CD-set number, the disc assembly number, or the part number.

The product key is located inside the disc case or on the back of the disc
sleeve on a rectangular sticker, and appears in the following format:
PRODUCT KEY: XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX-XXXXX

2.Retype the product key. Make sure that you type it correctly.

Make sure that you type the correct characters. The following characters are
often confused:
..B and 8
..G and 6
..U and V
..Q and O
..The letter O and the number 0 (zero)
..The letter L and the number 1

3.Verify that you are using the product key with the

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"byron" wrote in message
i typed the product code in the box but it says it's the wrong code?

Doug Robbins - Word MVP

See the Knowledge Base article ""Invalid product key" error message when you
start an Office 2003 program after you install Office Professional Edition
2003" at:

http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=836178

--
Hope this helps.