Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
tb

Default Can I change the language of my document?

I currently built a 160 page manual in English for our company.

We currently hired an employee who speaks spanish (mexico) and does not
understand english very well, Is there a way I can take that entire document
and translate it to Spanish for this employee, somewhere in my language
preference?

I did find a program on the internet that translates all documents for me
but I have to cut and paste each individual page and then edit it into my
word document.

Thanks
tb
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

You can purchase software that will do it but nothing can replace a human
translator.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"tb" wrote in message
I currently built a 160 page manual in English for our company.

We currently hired an employee who speaks spanish (mexico) and does not
understand english very well, Is there a way I can take that entire
document
and translate it to Spanish for this employee, somewhere in my language
preference?

I did find a program on the internet that translates all documents for me
but I have to cut and paste each individual page and then edit it into my
word document.

Thanks
tb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Uncle Joe

Translation programs do a very poor job of translating text
from English to Spanish. English is a complicated language
with many words shrouded in context. A human translator
would be best for all concerned, but that would be an
expensive proposition...especially to translate a 160 page
manual.

Instead of translating your company's documents for ONE
Mexican employee, why not encourage him/her to improve
his/her English language skills by absorbing the cost of
English classes at a local school, or by buying him/her a
comprehensive set of "Learn English" CDs at a local computer
store such as CompUSA or Staples? This would be to
everyone's benefit. Allow your Mexican employee to spend
an hour or so a day studying the CDs in house.

"tb" wrote in message
I currently built a 160 page manual in English for our company.

We currently hired an employee who speaks spanish (mexico) and does not
understand english very well, Is there a way I can take that entire document
and translate it to Spanish for this employee, somewhere in my language
preference?

I did find a program on the internet that translates all documents for me
but I have to cut and paste each individual page and then edit it into my
word document.

Thanks
tb

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Excellent suggestion. There may even be federal, state, or local funding
available for that training.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]