Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Roger Marrs

Default global template, NORMAL.DOT, already open

Every time I launch Word, a dialog box pops up that states: "The global
template, NORMAL.DOT, is already open as an add-in program." I click OK to
close the dialog box and Word functions normally after that. Why is this
dialog box opening and how can I make it stop?

Roger Marrs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Roger Marrs

Yes, Normal.dot is in my startup folder.
And now I see why, I had change the location for my user templates to the
Startup folder. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you perhaps have a copy of Normal.dot in Word's Startup folder?

so
all may benefit.

"Roger Marrs" wrote in message
Every time I launch Word, a dialog box pops up that states: "The global
template, NORMAL.DOT, is already open as an add-in program." I click OK

close the dialog box and Word functions normally after that. Why is

this
dialog box opening and how can I make it stop?

Roger Marrs

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers

Startup is not a good location for *any* user templates, as this will just
confuse Word (not to mention making it take forever to load).

"Roger Marrs" wrote in message
Yes, Normal.dot is in my startup folder.
And now I see why, I had change the location for my user templates to the
Startup folder. Thank you.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Do you perhaps have a copy of Normal.dot in Word's Startup folder?

newsgroup
so
all may benefit.