Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deepa Deepa is offline

Default What are Floating headers..Urgent please

When i see the View-Insert header, i am able to insert the header and
footer.. all fine
But waht are Floating headers .. I happen to see this mantioned in many
articles , but precise refrence to waht it means.. or what it does (or
supposed to do)..when is it advisable to use the Floating hears etc..

Word-Help is not getting me anywhere..
Please help
Any help is great help
Thank you all in advance
Deepa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
CyberTaz CyberTaz is offline

Sorry, I have no idea what a "floating" header is - the fact that it is a
true Header precludes its floating. I *have*, however, seen reference to the
Header & Footer Toolbar as "floating" (i.e., "Floating Header and Footer
Toolbar") - perhaps that's what's misleading.

Otherwise, cite a specific article or two & perhaps someone can better
answer if they can see it in context.

Regards |:)
Bob Jones
[MVP] Office:Mac

On 2/20/07 1:15 AM, in article
, "Deepa"
wrote:

When i see the View-Insert header, i am able to insert the header and
footer.. all fine
But waht are Floating headers .. I happen to see this mantioned in many
articles , but precise refrence to waht it means.. or what it does (or
supposed to do)..when is it advisable to use the Floating hears etc..

Word-Help is not getting me anywhere..
Please help
Any help is great help
Thank you all in advance
Deepa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

CyberTaz wrote:

Sorry, I have no idea what a "floating" header is -

I think the OP may be getting confused by the "floating Footer/header
*toolbar*"......
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deepa Deepa is offline

Here is the refrence article
Link :1 http://spider.georgetowncollege.edu/...headfootxp.htm
context:
To Create a Header or Footer
Choose View Header and Footer
.......also visible is the floating Header and Footer Toolbar

Link : 2
http://www.infodiv.unimelb.edu.au/te...sterdocsxp.pdf

Context
Inserting a header and footer 1.
........floating Header and Footer toolbar is visible
thank you
Deepa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Graham Mayor Graham Mayor is offline

As has already been suggested it is the toolbar that 'floats' rather than
the header/footer.
It refers to the toolbar that appears when you click view header and
footer. This 'floats' inasmuch as it is not parked in the toolbar area at
the top of the Word screen.

Deepa wrote:
Here is the refrence article
Link :1
http://spider.georgetowncollege.edu/...headfootxp.htm
context:
To Create a Header or Footer
Choose View Header and Footer
......also visible is the floating Header and Footer Toolbar

Link : 2
http://www.infodiv.unimelb.edu.au/te...sterdocsxp.pdf

Context
Inserting a header and footer 1.
.......floating Header and Footer toolbar is visible
thank you
Deepa

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Deepa Deepa is offline

Thank you very much

Deepa
Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Gordon Gordon is offline

Deepa wrote:

Here is the refrence article
Link :1 http://spider.georgetowncollege.edu/...headfootxp.htm
context:
To Create a Header or Footer
Choose View Header and Footer
......also visible is the floating Header and Footer Toolbar

Link : 2
http://www.infodiv.unimelb.edu.au/te...sterdocsxp.pdf

Context
Inserting a header and footer 1.
.......floating Header and Footer toolbar is visible
thank you
Deepa

You ARE confused. It's not the Header in the document that is floating -
it's the TOOLBAR. In other words the Header/Footer toolbar can be
positioned anywhere you like by dragging it.

floating hyperlink menu bar holly m jones Microsoft Word Help 1 October 10th 06 05:22 PM
Floating & Rotating Tables? Netpomme Tables 3 April 3rd 06 03:06 PM
Floating toolbar Leonard Microsoft Word Help 4 August 24th 05 06:11 PM
floating icon?.... fastharry New Users 1 March 26th 05 10:05 AM
How do I set up a floating header? Sync03 Page Layout 1 February 9th 05 10:13 AM