Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grd Grd is offline

Default Shortcut for going down a document quickly

Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at a time.
Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Jay Freedman Jay Freedman is offline

As Graham says, a mouse with a scroll wheel is a great improvement. If you
don't have one, you can use Ctrl+down arrow to jump a paragraph at a time,
or drag the vertical scroll bar marker.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Grd wrote:
Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at
a time. Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Grd Grd is offline

Thanks

Thats a nice shortcut. I like it!

Grd wrote:
Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at
a time. Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
JoAnn Paules JoAnn Paules is offline

Until you start using the scroll, you'll never appreciate how helpful it
is...until you using a plain vanilla mouse without a scroll. ARGH!!

--
JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

~~~~~
How to ask a question
http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375

Grd wrote:
Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at
a time. Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Dawn Crosier, Word MVP Dawn Crosier, Word MVP is offline

Here are my list of keyboard shortcuts for navigating a document:

Press To Move

Right Arrow Key One space to the right.
(If you hold the key down, it will continue to move to the right.)

Left Arrow Key One space to the left.
(If you hold the key down, it will continue to move to the left.)

CTRL+ Right Arrow Key One Word to the Right

CTRL+ Left Arrow Key One Word to the Left

Down Arrow Key One line down

Up Arrow Key One line up

CTRL+ Down Arrow Key Down one paragraph at a time

CTRL+ Up Arrow Key Up one paragraph at a time

Page Down Down one screen at a
time

Page Up Up one screen at a
time

CTRL+END To the END of the document

CTRL+HOME To the BEGINNING of the
document

END To the end of the
current line

HOME To the beginning of
the current line.

--
Dawn Crosier
Microsoft MVP

This message was posted to a newsgroup, Please post replies and questions
to the group so that others can learn as well.
"Grd" wrote in message
Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at a time.
Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Aalaan Aalaan is offline

Grr! *After* I reply I receive various other answers already given... Comes
with being in the communication "sticks"...

"Grd" wrote in message
Hi,

I am fed up pressing the down arrow to move the document one line at a
time.
Is there a speed up for this thats not the page down key.

Any help would be great

Thanks
Suzanne

Posted to microsoft.public.word.newusers
Terry Farrell Terry Farrell is offline

Have you looked at DocMap for navigating around your long documents?

--
Terry Farrell - MS Word MVP